Coca‑Cola Ireland and active lifestyles
Find out more about the initiatives we support
At Coca-Cola, our goal is to help people understand the importance of energy balance - balancing calories in, with calories out - by combining a sensible balanced diet with regular physical activity.
To help encourage more people to get active more often, Coca-Cola Ireland introduced 'Be Active' - a programme of locally based initiatives to get communities across Ireland involved in different sporting activities.
Did you know? Over 85,000 people across the island of Ireland are involved annually in Coca-Cola’s 'Be Active' programme
The initiatives range from top level to grassroots sports, as well as 'just for fun' activities. We aim to offer opportunities that can get everyone involved in sport, regardless of ability or social demographic.
Facts and figures
Through our ‘Be Active’ programme, we are:
- An official partner of National Bike Week, involving more than 2,000 cyclists.
- An official title sponsor of key grassroots football competitions in Northern Ireland, including the Coca-Cola Junior Cup and Coca-Cola Intermediate Cup. More than 300 football clubs and 7,000 players take part annually.
- A hydration partner for the London 2012 pre-Olympic training camps of the Irish Paralympics team.
- An official sponsor of the Coca-Cola Irish Cup 2012 - a new grassroots football competition that takes place in Dublin in July, involving over 1,000 youth club players.
- Our brand Powerade is partner to, and the official sports drink of, Ulster and Leinster Rugby and also encourages young people to get involved with rugby at a grassroots level.
- Our partnership with the Irish Football Association (IFA) - Coca-Cola 'Football for you' - offers opportunities for people to get involved in women's football, disabled football and grassroots development. The high profile Junior Cup also encourages people to participate in both competitive and non-competitive football.