Coca-Cola’s Christmas Truck Tour is returning to Ireland from November 26th. The famous truck will visit a total of ten stops in Ireland and Northern Ireland – eight of which have been announced today.
A further two stops will be recommended by members of the public. Broadcast media outlets 2FM and Cool FM will invite people to write in to explain why their town should win a visit from the Coca-Cola Christmas Truck. Listeners can tune in to both these stations from November 21st to find out more details on how to apply.
“The arrival of the Coca-Cola Christmas Truck, made famous by our classic TV advertisement, heralds the start of the festive season. We are delighted to be bringing happiness to communities across the nation by giving people the chance to see the truck in person,” said Aoife Nagle, Marketing Manager, Coca-Cola Ireland.
The Coca-Cola Christmas Truck will stop in the following locations:
- Drogheda – M1 Retail Park – Saturday, November 26th 2016
- Dublin – Smithfield – Sunday, November 27th 2016
- Kilkenny – The Parade – Saturday, December 3rd 2016
- Cork – Mahon Point Shopping Centre – Sunday, December 4th 2016
- Galway – Galway Shopping Centre, Hedford Road – Friday, December 9th 2016
- Limerick – Parkway Shopping Centre – Saturday, December 10th 2016
- Derry – Foyleside Shopping Centre – Friday, December 16th 2016
- Belfast – SSE Arena Belfast (Odyssey Arena) – Sunday, December 18th 2016
At each stop, the public will have an opportunity to take a souvenir photo with the Coca-Cola Christmas Truck. People will have a chance to experience a virtual sleigh ride through the forest and to play Ice Block Jenga. The Dublin Gospel Choir will perform at each of the stops on the Tour to add to the festive spirit.
Meanwhile, Coca-Cola’s iconic Christmas advertisement “Holidays Are Coming” will return to TV screens from November 18th ( Nov 19th in NI).
Full details about the Coca-Cola Christmas Truck Tour are available here.
Cillian Murphy, Q4PR, 01-4751444
Suzanne Sullivan, Q4PR, 01-4751444