When the sun’s shining and the weather’s warm, there’s nothing better than an ice-cold Coke. In 2013 and 2014, we gave the summer months a touch of Coca-Cola magic and gave you more than just a refreshing drink; you got a Coke with your name on it!
Gone was our iconic Coca-Cola logo. Hundreds of names – from Aodhán to Zoe – took centre stage on our labels and it wasn’t long before you had Share a Coke trending. We read some touching stories, saw some awesome selfies and shared some special moments of happiness with you and your loved ones.
Marketing director Lucie Austin and creative excellence lead Jeremy Rudge, who were planning Coca-Cola’s summer campaign, came up with the idea in our offices in Sydney in 2011.
In April 2013, we sent a few personalised bottles as gifts to celebrities, and we then let the public discover personalised bottles for themselves so they could be the first to break the news.
- Video: Q&A with Pete Snodden
- International Women's Day: How Coca-Cola is Helping to Empower 5 Million Women Worldwide
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola
- Video: Q&A with Eoghan McDermott
- Video: How to create beautiful flower-shaped LED lights from recycled Coca-Cola bottles in 8 simple steps