Do you know of a non-profit organisation that could deliver an impactful youth project with the right funding? The Thank You Fund is celebrating Coca-Cola’s 130th anniversary by giving €130,000 to projects that inspire and support young people across the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
What is the Thank You Fund?
Set up in 2011, the Coca-Cola Thank You Fund has so far given €625,000 to non-profit organisations that support young people and communities across the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Which projects are eligible for funding?
The Thank You Fund is currently looking for projects from non-profit organisations aimed at inspiring and supporting young people aged 12-25. Specifically those that support:
- Self-esteem & confidence building: such as helping young people develop the skills they need for life and work
- Wellbeing: support with mental health issues and proving their potential – from creative activities, to mentorship
- Leadership: helping young people develop their leadership skills
Got a question? Find the answer in our Thank You Fund FAQs.
What’s happening in 2016?
To celebrate 130 years of Coca-Cola, the fund is giving away a total of €130,000 to worthy projects. These are split into 13 grants, including:
• 1 grant of €30K
• 8 grants of €10K
• 4 grants of €5K
How do I apply?
Take a look at our guide that explains how to apply to the Thank You Fund.
The Thank You Fund ambassadors
19-year-old Joanne O'Riordan was born without limbs. Her motto in life is: No limbs, no limits. She has successfully campaigned for the rights of the disabled and epitomises the ability and potential of young people in Ireland.
Joanne joins TV presenter Eoghan McDermott and radio host Pete Snodden, as ambassadors of the Thank You Fund to support and promote the fund.
Speaking at the launch of the Fund, Joanne said: “Our generation has a voice, and a role to play in our society and this funding offers a real opportunity for young people to avail of local investment in services and put our stamp on our communities.”
Find out more about the ambassadors
What makes a winning project?
We are looking for innovative projects that will empower young people, increase their self-esteem and confidence, and give them skills in areas such as wellbeing and leadership.
The Coca-Cola Thank You Fund 2016 is now closed for applications. Our panel is reviewing all the submitted entries at the moment and the shortlist will be announced in July.
- Highlights from Clean Coasts Week 2016
- Behind the scenes of the Rio 2016 Olympic Torch Relay
- Rugby star Tommy Bowe heads up Coca-Cola's Designated Driver road safety campaign this Christmas
- Infographic: UEFA EURO 2016 in numbers
- Watershed milestone: Coca-Cola becomes first Fortune 500 company to replenish all water used globally