We are committed to promoting moderation and choice and enabling people to limit their sugar and calorie intake. To do this we are focusing our efforts on reducing the sugar in our drinks and offering a range of lower and no sugar options, helping people to make informed choices about the beverage they choose by putting colour-coded labels on the front of all our packs and increasing our marketing investment in our low and no sugar drinks. You can find out more about some of the actions we’ve taken here.
We have also committed to publishing annual updates of our funding and support of health and wellbeing related partnerships. We have published this update on our online database that shows our support from 1 January 2010 through 30 September 2016.
Here is a summary of our disclosure for this one year reporting period, from 30 September 2015 to 30 September 2016:
- We invested €35,000 in our membership of the Nutrition and Health Foundation. The Foundation promotes a healthy Ireland by taking a multi-stakeholder approach, bringing together industry, government, state agencies, internationally recognised scientists, health professionals and others. It communicates evidence-based information to consumers to promote healthier lifestyle choices and participates in and supports scientific studies
- We also support five bikes schemes in Galway, Limerick, Cork, Dublin and Belfast through a partnership with
Coca-ColaZero Sugar. There are now 2,500 bikes across the five cities. Just over 2.3 million journeys were taken across the schemes in first half of 2016 and our aim is to enable 20 million city bike journeys by 2020 in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Jon Woods is General Manager of
- Our Investments in Health and Wellbeing Research and Partnerships
For every drop of water we use at
Coca-Cola, we give one back
Coca-Cola: Investigating The Investigators
- LET'S TALK ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT’S TAX ON SUGAR SWEETENED DRINKS AND WHAT THAT MEANS FOR OUR DRINKS
- The Circular Economy: What Changes Do Stakeholders In The Packaging Sector Need To Make?