Over the years consumer taste, preference and lifestyles have changed, and with that so has Coca‑Cola. We’ve innovated to include a range of lower and no sugar and calorie alternatives, each with their own identity. But recent research has showed that not everyone understands the options available to them, and the benefits of each drink, which is why we’re introducing a new “one brand” strategy to help make choice easier and simpler.
From May in Ireland our three colas will be marketed under one brand – Coca‑Cola – allowing Diet Coke and Coca‑Cola Zero to benefit from its widespread appeal. We’ll be promoting the different characteristics of each variant, and giving black and silver greater presence in Coca‑Cola advertising.
Did you know? Five out of ten people don't know that
“With our new ‘one brand’ approach, we are uniting three distinct brands under the umbrella of Coca‑Cola. We believe our no and lower sugar variants will benefit from this closer association with Coca‑Cola and that featuring all variants in our advertising will make clear to more consumers the full choice we offer them.” Jon Woods, General Manager of Coca‑Cola Great Britain & Ireland.
Our instantly recognisable Spencerian script will be used across all 330ml Coca‑Cola cans, which will also feature nutritional information and Reference Intakes. Which pack will you choose?
6 changes we're making:
• Coca‑Cola advertising will show our full range of colas
• Coca‑Cola TV ads will feature all three variants in the final frame
• Our packaging will clearly highlight the benefits of each variant
• The branding on every Coca‑Cola can and bottle will be in the same style, with different colours to distinguish each variant
• In 2015, we’re doubling our marketing spend for our lower and no sugar and calorie colas
• It’s the first time our sponsorship of a major international sporting event - Rugby World Cup 2015 – will promote all three variants, and champion Coca‑Cola with zero calories
Our instantly recognisable Spencerian script will be used across all 330ml Coca‑Cola cans, which will also the feature front-of-pack labelling scheme, combining nutrient amounts and percentage Reference Intakes with colour-coding.
Which pack will you choose?
- Dare you taste the dark? Introducing our terrifyingly twisted Fanta Dark Orange
St Patrick’s Day: Exploring
Coca-Cola’s unique relationship with Ireland
Thrive Project class of 2019 returns from global
Lights! Camera! Oscars! The secrets behind
Coca-Cola’s Hollywood roles
- It’s Lit: Check out our eight new limited edition Diet Coke cans!