We’ve long had a soft spot for polar bears – ever since they became an important part of our Christmas time. But polar bears need us now.
The sea ice they rely on for hunting, roaming and raising cubs is melting, and their future is under serious threat. That’s why we teamed up with the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) in 2013 to launch Arctic Home, our three-year campaign to help protect the polar bears’ habitat.
Money raised will contribute directly towards six areas:
1. Tracking polar bear mothers
2. Monitoring polar bear den sites
3. Mapping polar bears’ future habitats
4. Co-existing in the Arctic
5. Educating on threats from industry
6. Preserving the Arctic food chain
Keep an eye on the Coca Cola Facebook page for details of our double donation days, too.
What does this mean for us?
Climate change is causing the Arctic to warm at twice the global average, and it’s not just the polar bears’ habitat that’s changing.
Sea ice works as Earth’s natural water cooler, reflecting the sun’s heat to regulate the planet’s temperature, but over the last 35 years this frosty expanse has decreased in size by 3.5 million sq km.
Watch this video to learn more about the plight of the polar bears and find out how you can help the Arctic Home campaign.
A World Without Waste:
Coca-ColaAnnounces Ambitious Sustainable Packaging Goal
Coca-ColaClean Coasts Week
- Changing Lives: 5by20 Expands by 41% to Reach 1.7 Million Women
- Iconic landmarks around the world switch off for Earth Hour 2018
Muhtar Kent reflects on his
Coca-Colajourney and legacy as company’s 15th chief executive