We’ve long had a soft spot for polar bears – ever since they became an important part of our Christmas time. But polar bears need us now.
The sea ice they rely on for hunting, roaming and raising cubs is melting, and their future is under serious threat. That’s why we teamed up with the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) in 2013 to launch Arctic Home, our three-year campaign to help protect the polar bears’ habitat.
Money raised will contribute directly towards six areas:
1. Tracking polar bear mothers
2. Monitoring polar bear den sites
3. Mapping polar bears’ future habitats
4. Co-existing in the Arctic
5. Educating on threats from industry
6. Preserving the Arctic food chain
Keep an eye on the Coca Cola Facebook page for details of our double donation days, too.
What does this mean for us?
Climate change is causing the Arctic to warm at twice the global average, and it’s not just the polar bears’ habitat that’s changing.
Sea ice works as Earth’s natural water cooler, reflecting the sun’s heat to regulate the planet’s temperature, but over the last 35 years this frosty expanse has decreased in size by 3.5 million sq km.
Watch this video to learn more about the plight of the polar bears and find out how you can help the Arctic Home campaign.
- Coca-Cola catch up: 10 things to know about us and our drinks in 2019
- Infographic: 5by20 By the Numbers
Happy Fathers’ Day! Meet some of the wonderful dads who work at
Coca-ColaGreat Britain and Ireland
Tackling plastic pollution:
Coca-Colascientist’s eye-opening ocean ‘eXXpedition’
- Behind the scenes of the Rio 2016 Olympic Torch Relay