Once upon a time, back in 1886, John Pemberton invented
And the rest was history. That was that.
Or, at least, it was until the birth of Diet Coke – the no-calorie alternative to
Diet Coke was the first product since the very beginning to include the
Diet Coke: the timeline
1983: Diet Coke is launched in Europe
1986: Diet Coke becomes the world’s top low-calorie drink
1990: Advertising Age editors select Diet Coke as the Brand of the Decade
1994: The world gets a glimpse of Lucky Vanous, the original Diet Coke break hunk
1996: Diet Coke announces its partnership with the Grammy Awards
2001 – 2006: Extra flavour! Diet Vanilla Coke, Diet Coke with Lime and Diet Black Cherry Vanilla Coke are all launched in various markets
2012: Jean Paul Gaultier is appointed creative director, designing three bottles and two cans
2013: Diet Coke celebrates its 30th birthday. Marc Jacobs is unveiled as the brand’s new creative director. Diet Coke gets its fourth hunk.
2015: Diet Coke inspires fans everywhere to #RegretNothing
- It’s Lit: Check out our eight new limited edition Diet Coke cans!
- “Adding that X-factor”: Jesse Lingard and Jermaine Jenas at the ‘Where Everyone Plays’ launch event
- Coca-Cola with or without sugar: New look, great Coke taste
- Frightening Fanta: Brand’s biggest ever campaign for Halloween
- Put perfect on ice: How Diet Coke wants you to take a break from your expectations