We were very proud to be shortlisted in The Guardian Sustainable Business Awards for our efforts in conserving water. Our ‘Reduce, recycle, replenish’ approach received a ‘Highly Commended’ in the Water category in 2011. You can read more about our water conservation projects here [link], but here’s a brief summary:
· Reducing our water use ratio. In Ireland, we’re using less than 1.69 litres for every litre. That’s one of the lowest levels in the whole of the Coca‑Cola system
· Recycling water used in our manufacturing processes and returning it safely to the environment
· Replenishing water in communities and nature through the support of healthy watersheds and community water programmes.
Our global goal by 2020 is to safely return to nature the same amount of water that we use.
Video: How to create beautiful flower-shaped LED lights from recycled
Coca-Colabottles in 8 simple steps
- Highlights from Clean Coasts Week 2016
Coca-Colareplenishes the water it uses
Watershed milestone: The
Coca-ColaCompany becomes first Fortune 500 company to replenish all water used globally
- Electric Picnic: The weird and wonderful creations showcased in our Recycled Bottle Garden