We were very proud to be shortlisted in The Guardian Sustainable Business Awards for our efforts in conserving water. Our ‘Reduce, recycle, replenish’ approach received a ‘Highly Commended’ in the Water category in 2011. You can read more about our water conservation projects here [link], but here’s a brief summary:
· Reducing our water use ratio. In Ireland, we’re using less than 1.69 litres for every litre. That’s one of the lowest levels in the whole of the Coca‑Cola system
· Recycling water used in our manufacturing processes and returning it safely to the environment
· Replenishing water in communities and nature through the support of healthy watersheds and community water programmes.
Our global goal by 2020 is to safely return to nature the same amount of water that we use.
- 6 easy ways to keep our coasts clean
Watershed milestone: The
Coca-ColaCompany becomes first Fortune 500 company to replenish all water used globally
Video: How to create beautiful flower-shaped LED lights from recycled
Coca-Colabottles in 8 simple steps
- Water and Women: Creating Change Together
- Mr Stevia: The Sweet Success of a Kenyan Farmer