Women are a powerful global economic force, but they are consistently undervalued. We wanted to do something to change that, so we made a global commitment to enable the economic empowerment of five million female entrepreneurs by 2020. The name of this programme is 5by20.
Through 5by20 we’re focusing on small business owners in over 200 countries around the world – from fruit farmers to artisans.
We aim to help women overcome the barriers they face when trying to succeed in the marketplace. We’re offering access to training, financial services and connections with peers and mentors.
At the moment, our focus is in Brazil, South Africa, the Philippines and India. But we’re expanding into China, Mexico, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Haiti and Egypt.
Keep an eye on this section of Journey for stories about those benefitting from our 5by20 activities.
- ‘It’s about giving young people a voice’: PJ Gallagher at the Thank You Fund 2017 launch
- Coca-Cola launches Thank You Fund 2018
- Video: How 2016 Thank You Fund winner Extern Limerick used their €30,000 grant
- Thank You Fund 2018: €100K available for community projects that inspire and support young people
- Thank You Fund 2018: Vote for the People’s Choice Award