The fourth annual
The programme´s five winners each received a €25,000 grant to kick-start their ideas to get the country moving. From promoting kayaking among youngsters, to organising a 5K training plan and setting up a outdoor fitness facilities (a trim trail), these innovative projects are all promoting active lifestyles in local communities.
- Canoeing Ireland – new kayak instructors will be trained, helping to introduce more young people to the sport.
- Killarney Rugby Football Club – the county of Kerry will be equipped with its first trim trail for community exercise.
- Omagh Wheelers Cycling Club – a programme will be set up to get more families cycling.
- Spraoi agus Spórt Family Centre Limited – five-kilometre running training will be offered over a 10-week period.
- Swim Ireland – the Swim for a Mile programme will be expanded, helping get more people swimming at their local pools.
Since its launch in 2011, the
Swim for a Mile
One of the 2014 Thank You Fund winners – Swim Ireland –recently announced its new programme to encourage people of all fitness levels to get in the water and build their swimming skills. Following the success of last year’s ‘Swim for a Mile’ challenge, the national governing body of swimming is back with an even bigger and better event this year.
The 2013 programme saw swimming enthusiasts across Ireland hit their local pools to take on the one-mile challenge. Following a 12-week training programme set up by Swim Ireland, more than 1,000 participants took the plunge.
Swim Ireland can now look forward to another year of funding from
Applications for the Thank You Fund 2017 are now open. Find out more about the Thank You Fund 2017.
- Coca-Cola catch up: 10 things to know about us and our drinks in 2019
- “I came home a changed woman”: How the Thrive Project is transforming Irish businesses
Coca-ColaThank You Fund 2019 applications now open: €100,000 up for grabs for worthy causes!
- Be the 12th: Win the ultimate Premier League fan upgrade
- Coca-Cola and the Premier League: ‘Where Everyone Plays’ ad refreshed for new season